Below is a short report on the City hearing last night at 6th Ave. Elementary School about our proposed HPOZ:
1. Who was there: Sixty to eighty of our neighbors attended the meeting (a great turn-out!!!), as well as our Neighborhood Council President Stevie Stern and Sylvia Lacey from Councilman Wesson’s office (thank you to both for supporting our efforts).
2. What was said: The City representatives gave a short general presentation about HPOZs. The City reps then asked for statements from the community about the proposed Jefferson Park HPOZ.
- They heard many people express STRONG support for the preservation of the cultural, social, and architectural history of Jefferson Park through approval of the proposed HPOZ.
- One person spoke that did not support the HPOZ.
- There were recommendations for the inclusion of several properties as contributing to the HPOZ that were previously not considered contributing.